Monday, February 14, 2022

November 2020 monthly report by Charles Brecheisen

 Greetings Altair Shipmate.  Here is your report for November 2020.


COVID VIRUS:  Comes and goes a bit and getting some worse.  We all need to stay aware, stay safe and stay alive!!!

FINANCIAL:  The beginning and ending cash-in-hand is $303.85 with no income or expenses.  The Altair savings account beginning and ending balance is $11,486.37 with no income or expenses.  Totals $11,790.22.  

SIDE NOTE:  As Popeye, the Sailor man would say, "I yam still here!"  Barely.  I was involved in a wreck last April and was totalled.  Fortunately, injuries non-major!!  What is ironic is that I was hit by a Wood County Texas Deputy Sheriff TRAINEE with his instructor in the other seat.   Case settled about 6 weeks ago.  Fortunately, we voted out the sheriff and his family out of the department.  So, I yam still here!!  I keep reminding myself of the old song "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" and I don't.

SIDE NOTE #2:  This an interesting Wikipedia article about Admiral Richard G. Colbert.  He was the skipper when I was aboard 59-61.  The article is interesting at Admiral Colbert was quite famous in the Naval War College, etc.  It's quite a worthwhile read and mentions the USS Altair.  Click below:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_G._Colbert

All for now.  I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a Happy Healthy and Hale 2021!

Comments and questions to "cmbaltairaks32 [at] fastmail.us"

Best Regards To All............Charles

No comments: