Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Reunion and Altair Caps

Greetings Altair Shipmates.

Is there any shipmate that has not received the previously attached information about our next reunion in Branson, MO? Information was sent as a Word attachment and a PDF attachment. If you need a printed copy, please contact me at cmbaltairaks32@fastmail.us and I will get you a copy in the mail. I have mailed out about 140 snail mail copies to the shipmates that do not have email or have requested a printed copy.

Joe Basso called me about getting the shipmates on board with Altair caps. I bought one about 7-8 years ago from a company in FL for about $40!! Yes, I said $40 as he had never done an AKS before. Anyway, Joe has contacted a couple of cap manufacturers and can get them done a heckuva cheaper than that! What would you like on the caps? My cap has "USS ALTAIR" in gold as the top line; then is an outline of a store ship in gray; the bottom line reads "AKS-32" in gold. It is quite striking, but that is also 3 lines of embroidery. Joe wants your input as to what you like on the caps. You can contact Joe at
732-441-1077 on the phone or at jomapakg032@verizon.net via email.
We could also take a little supply to the reunion.

Best Regards To All..........Charles

No comments: