Wednesday, December 03, 2008

November 2008 by Charles Brecheisen

Greetings Altair Crew.

Are you still stuffed as I am with turkey? We had a big dinner Thursday and also with the kids on Saturday. I hope every shipmate had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

ALTAIR REUNION: I am still getting email about the reunion in October and how wonderful it was. Tom etal did such a wonderful job!

ALTAIR SHIPMATES: WOW! Three new Altair shipmates in November. Glennie J. Gilleen, MM2, 1962-64 now living in Andover, MN; Thomas Myers, CS3, 1955-57 living in Schenectady, NY; and, Joseph Ziegler, ET3, 1965-66 living in New Baltimore, NY. WELCOME ABOARD!

ALTAIR NEWSLETTER: My sincerest apologies for not getting the Newsletter out before the last reunion. Just too many health problems around here to concentrate. I promise to do a better job in 2009.

FINANCIAL: The reunion generated $1813.00 which was forwarded to me and I opened a savings account with the money. Tom Planes is also on this account in case something happens to me. I began the month with $551.30 in cash, no income and expenses (stamps and mailing) of $43.68 leaving a cash on hand balance of $507.62. The total Altair monies including the savings account totals $2320.62.

DUES: Just a reminder that dues are $10 per year and due in January. Dues are how we keep this Altair site, etc. running. The address to send the $10 dues is:

Charles M. Brecheisen
248 Drifting Cloud
Holly Lake Ranch, TX 75765-6321

All for now. Please contact me with any comments or questions at cmbaltairaks32 at fastmail.us

Best Regards To All........Charles

No comments: