Saturday, May 15, 2010

COLD WAR RECOGNITION CERTIFICATE

Greetings Altair Shipmates. I am forwarding a message received from Joe Basso.

"Hi Altair Shipmates, Government Workers and Other Veterans from Army and Navy. I was surfing the Web the other night, and I came across a Web Site that stated that anyone who either Served in the Military (ANY BRANCH) between 1945 December, and 1991 December, are entitled to what is knows as a "COLD WAR RECOGNITION CERTIFICATE" write to:

COMMANDER, US ARMY HUMAN RESOURCES COMMAND
COLD WAR RECOGNITION, HOFFMAN II
ATTN: AHRC-CWRS-3N45
200 STOVALL STREET
ALEXANDRIA, VA 22332-0473

Within a week and a half you will receive an application and after filling out the application you will have to return with a copy of your DD214. You just have to prove that you served only 1 day. For Government workers you have to submit a pay stub or some type of government I.D. Lots of luck and I am about to putting my application in the mail tomorrow and I will keep you posted of my endeavor.

Joe Basso

P.S. Let us know of how you make out."

Best Regards To All..........Charles

No comments: