Monday, December 12, 2005

SEPTEMBER 2005 REPORT by Charles Brecheisen

Greetings Altair Shipmates. Here is your monthly report for September 2005.

WIRELESS INTERNET: Boy, oh boy, I am now on a wireless Internet system; and,it's great! No more dial-up! It's not quite as fast as DSL but at least 20 times faster than dial-up.

SHIPMATES: We picked up one new shipmate, Ben Feyl, SK3, 1962-1965 who lives in Bridgeville, DE.

FINANCIAL: We started with a balance of $894.37 and had no expenses and income of $20 leaving a balance of $914.37. The "special fund" remains the same.

LOCAL REUNIONS: Tom Planes, MM2, 1960-1963, has expressed interest in having a "local reunion" as have others. Tom lives in Georgia, and if you are interested, please contact Tom at tomplanes@alltel.net I sure would be interested. Ya know, there will never be new Altair shipmates; and, we are losing a shipmate to darn frequently. Other "local" groups could have a "get together." I think it's a great idea.

PHOTOGRAPHS: I put up a few new pics on our web site on "page 2" of the photos page. Thanks to all that send me photos! Keep 'em coming!

SUGGESTIONS: My two best "buds" in the radio shack were "Trigger" Burke and Vincent Burling. I have sent them emails, phoned, sent them photographs, etc., but I can get absolutely no response from either of them. Any suggestions on how to get them on board? I am sure that there are shipmates that think the Navy, or the Altair was a bad experience and want nothing to do with the Altair crew. I guess I will review the letters I have sent with a cutoff of 3-4 and sometimes 5 guys with the same name and send out more. Suggestions? Anyone with a WATS line that could make phone calls? It's only money.

All for now. Please contact me with suggestions or comments.

Best Wishes To All...........Charles

No comments: