Sunday, May 06, 2007

April 2007 by Charles Brecheisen

Greetings Altair Shipmates. Here is your report for April 2007.

NEWSLETTER: I got newsletter returns as undeliverable from John Dachtler, Woody Halsey, Thomas Howarth, Edward Randell, Paul Lanzone, Earl Sniffin, Daniel Tomei. Anyone know their whereabouts?

FINANCIAL: The beginning balance was $1148.05 with dues receipts of $375.00 and wall plaque receipts of $190.00 with expenses of $39.00 leaving a balance of $1674.05.

COMMEMORATIVE WALL PLAQUE: We only have $1080 in cash and commitments. We need $2500! Come on shipmates!

SHIPMATE PASSING: I received the following mail:

Dear Gentlemen:

It is with considerable regret that I inform you that David Nightingale passed on last August 2006. I know he was happy to be a part of your alumni group and truly enjoyed the news and activity of the website.

I didn't know how to reach you at the time, but the recent mailing (snail mail) gave me the information I needed to be in touch.

Warmest regards to all you who have so ably served our nation.

Sincerely, Mrs. David Nightingale

Shipmate Nightingale was a SK3 and served aboard the Altair 1962-1964. Mrs. Nightingale can be reached at 3 Chaucer St., Sandwich, MA 02563

REUNION: Paul Licker has volunteered to assist in the next reunion. Any other volunteers can contact Paul at Pesachbenschlomo@aol.com Paul resided in Melbourne, Florida.

Best Regards To All, Charles Brecheisen, Holly Lake Ranch, Texas
Contact me at cmbaltairaks32@fastmail.us

No comments: